970-C29052-00 Doesn't do final Fast spin

Old 02-26-14, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
970-C29052-00 Doesn't do final Fast spin

My front loader Kenmore washer (Model NO. 970-C29052-00) has a very short pre-wash cycle + 3 wash cycles namely a long cycle called "Regular", a medium cycle called "Perm Press" and short cycle called "Hand Washable".

It is made by Frigidare and it does spin fine. Bought from Sears Canada. The only problem it has is that it fails to go into the final Fast spin (which you need so that cloth won't be soaking wet when the washing cycle is done).

The final Fast spin does kick in, but rarely and randomly If I try the REGULAR wash cycle all over again, out of every few times (maybe 4 or 5 times) it does do the Fast final spin at the end. But then, I keep on wasting water on the cloths that are already washed while keeping my fingers crossed for the final spin to kick in.

Here is a picture of the knob panel I found online for my washer: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTc2WDEwMjQ=/z/t9EAAOxygPtStf

Appreciate your help...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-14, 04:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
Usual reason a Frigidare front loader won't go into a spin is the door lock is or going bad. It will agitate and sometime spin. Picture won't open and as I said in other post I can't open Canada model #

Old 02-27-14, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the advice. I am trying to remove the gasket to replace the door lock switch assembly as you suggested.

While attempting to remove the rubber gasket on my kenmore washer, I noticed the outer rim of rubber gasket to have been either glued to the metal rim of the washer, or fused to it (therefore, giving the appearance as if it was glued at the manufacturing point.).

1-My question is, if all the gaskets are held by a metal strap with a spring on it (as shown, for example, in this link: LG 6601ER1004C Door Lock Switch Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com). Or, is it that some front-load washers don't have the metal strap on the gasket?

2-As I mentioned, the rubber gasket on my washer seem to be glued to the metal rim. Is this really what the manufacturer did or is it that the rubber gasket got fused to the surrounding metal rim of the washer, over time, giving it the appearance as if it was glued?

Old 02-27-14, 05:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
If you have one that is glued on you have a real early washer. Before you go to far put your hand on basket and turn it. Should turn free and feel smooth. Also lift basket up and down should not have any play.
Use a razor blade to carefully cut glue off (sometimes a putty knife will work) May not need glue to put back on. If has a leak get some yellow 3m cement usually from auto parts store. Newer washers have a spring holding them on and replacement boots will have spring.

Old 02-28-14, 11:36 PM
Replaced the switch with a newer one which I bought off a previous consumer. It worked for a a couple of cycles, but then started freezing. Was enough for me to deduce it's the switch indeed. Opened it and played with pins inside, now it seems to work fine.
So, thanks Pugsl. You sir got a cute duck face (L: