Amana Oven problem

Old 03-16-14, 01:42 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Amana Oven problem

My Amana electric oven now has top burners that work normally but the digital panel is inop. There is no clock reading and you cannot enter heating tempuratures to turn the oven on. I am guessing the problem is the circuit control panel. Any other ideas? The model number of the oven is ARH6710E.

Old 03-16-14, 01:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It could be with the way it was wired at the receptacle/box. Is there a 4 wire system engaged? Or the older 3 wire system? With the power off, check the neutral connection in the receptacle or box. The burners operate off 240 volts and require no neutral, but your control surfaces and clock do. Let us know what you find.

Old 03-16-14, 02:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,117 Upvotes on 3,697 Posts
Did you receive any error or trouble codes on the display or did it just go out one day ?
Have you tried turning off the breaker to the stove for a few minutes. This may clear the display issue.

In looking thru the parts listing.... I see many parts for this unit as well as the display board are no longer available.

The link below is one place that can rebuild the control if needed. Sometimes they have rebuilt ones in stock.

Y0315570 Amana Range/Stove/Oven

Old 03-18-14, 12:46 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
When we came back from a trip it was out totally. I disconnected the power to the oven and waited a few minutes but did not try turning off the breaker. Do you think the breaker can make a difference?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: