Samsung Front Loader Washer - Is this a bad bearing?

Old 04-02-14, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Samsung Front Loader Washer - Is this a bad bearing?

Hi all!

I've got a Samsung WF419 front loader that was acting unbalanced during spin. This was causing it to stop early and leaving the clothes too wet.

Thinking it was a bad rear drum/bearing (one assembly), I took it apart to see if I could tell for sure before I spent well over $200 for a part. The spider looks okay and before I took it apart I shook the daylights out of the inner drum and it all sounded tight and quiet.

I took a couple of pics, but I don't know if it will help the diagnoses. Someone elsewhere said it may be a mainboard or hall sensor???

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Name:  IMG_1616.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  29.3 KBName:  IMG_1618.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  25.3 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-14, 11:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
Stain under bearing may have had a seal going bad and let the grease in bearing come out. Only oil or grease in washer. Questions, Did it make a roaring sound in high spin? There was no wiggle in drum before dissemble so spider should be good. Look closely at shaft where bearing rides., Any scoring or marks there spider is bad. Have been problems with hall sensor need ohm meter to check. Don't have specs any more. If I remember sensor is fairly cheap.

Old 04-02-14, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There were no roaring sounds. Only a banging sounds like it was out of balance. Actually, it sounded like it often does when working good - only it doesn't slow down and tumble in order to get the clothes rebalanced. It just sort of gives up and stops. I put in service mode and tested the spin cycle. It only went to 650 rpm before it shut down. I also thought I smelled something burning.

Like I said, the spider looks good (just filled with goop), but the shaft does look a bit scorched. There's no scoring to speak of though.

I can't seem to find the part number for the hall sensor. Does it have another name?

Thanks.

Name:  IMG_1619.jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  42.9 KB

Old 04-02-14, 04:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
part # 7 might be the sensor.only thing I could find
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...&prst=&shdMod=