Washer hose connector is stuck on connection head.

Old 04-04-14, 09:42 AM
Washer hose connector is stuck on connection head.

The old washer has the black rubber hose and the new (used) washer has the newer, stronger hose. While trying to get the black hose unattached from the connection head in the wall, I discovered the lip of the connector is bent in. One side of the lip curls in towards the threading of the connection head. I can't seem to get enough room to work with to try to bend the connector outwards.

So then I thought, fine, I'll just replace the entire connection head! Well, the plastic box is built up around the pipes creating a tight fit, flush with the connection head. There's no exposed pipe to grip onto in order to secure the pipe while twisting off the connection head. Last thing I want to do is end up breaking the pipe behind the wall.

So now I'm frustrated, lol. ...Would it be possible to get an attachment for my dremel and cut the connector? Then again, I'm fearing that I'd end up cutting into the threads of the connection head and creating, yet, another problem.

I have thought about just using the old black hose on the new washer but it leeks a bit at the connector. So I was trying to change the hoses out.

Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated!

Also noting:
1) The connector has very little grip. It's pretty smooth, like a bald tire, prior to me messing with it.

2) I've used penetrating oil to help with any rust issues. I believe the trouble is mainly due to the bent in lip.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-14, 11:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 13
Use your dremel tool on the brass connector, cut a slot or 2 across the threads, After you have a slot put screw driver in and bend connector away from threads. Careful not to cut to deep and cut through hose bib. Threads do not seal connection gasket in hose to flat part of bib does. Put new hoses on after it is off.