Kenmore Model 110 washer still leaks after replacing tub seal

Old 05-19-14, 02:23 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Model 110 washer still leaks after replacing tub seal

My older Kenmore model 110.82881310 washing machine started leaking from beneath the tub a few months ago. Recently, I completed the tub seal replacement. Thought I did a good job - cleaned all sorts of rust off the centerpost, etc. However, it still leaks the same amount from beneath the tub. In cleaning the inside of the cabinet I did notice it was a little oily the first 5 inches or so off the bottom on the inside. Kind of a fine film on all cabinet surfaces and the back panel, too. Not much to make me think anything of it. The washer can no longer be called a "smooth" operator in the spin mode...more like a horse clippity-clopping. I am wondering if it is leaking through the top shaft seal. Couldn't find any instruction on how to replace that part even though it came as part of the tub seal kit. Any help would be wonderful!

Old 05-20-14, 03:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Oil leak is almost always from top gearcase seal. Replace clutch, top seal and drive coupler when doing job, I am guessing you saw a streak of oil about 6 inches from floor inside cabinet, Water leak look at back of water pump for a black streak, Did you check tub for ant cracks? I personally have never replaced top shaft seal< guessing you are talking the seal at the top of agitator shaft?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: