Portable Dishwasher not draining all the Water

Old 06-02-14, 10:28 AM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Portable Dishwasher not draining all the Water

I have a portable dishwasher at my cottage that I rigged up a couple of years ago so that it is permanently connected to the incoming water and the exit hose to my cottage's exit piping.

It has worked fine for a couple of years but I noticed that when it was done washing the dishes there was about 1 to 2 inches of water still left in the bottom of the dishwasher. I know that it is pumping some water because I can see it down the drain of my sink. Also, the last time it did this, I turned the dial to where it starts pumping and pumped the rest of that water out. I do have my exit hose level 6 or 7 inches above the kitchen sink drain.

I am going to look at it this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any ideas where to start. It seems like it is pumping out water but just not all of it. I am guessing that the pump is on some kind of timer and perhaps my hose has some clogg in it and now does not get all the water out before the timer stops the pump. Would there be a screen in there do you know?

It is a Kenmore Ultra Wash, model #110764512

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-14, 09:34 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,104 Votes on 1,024 Posts
There is a sump and possibly a screen that may be plugged.

Please check and repost the model number as it appears to be missing a digit or two.

Old 06-09-14, 11:58 AM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
OK, so to complete this thread, my problem ended up being just a kinked exit hose. I unkinked it and took a little more care to ensure no future kinks and she was good to go.

Old 06-09-14, 12:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,104 Votes on 1,024 Posts
That would certainly do it. Thanks for stopping back.