LG Front Loader WM1832CW not spin drying?

Old 06-09-14, 09:03 AM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
LG Front Loader WM1832CW not spin drying?

The machine is turning fine when washing but when it comes to the spin drying part is does not spin, I am hearing a sort of "grating" noise, any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-14, 11:04 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,114 Votes on 1,034 Posts
Do you also hear the grating noise in wash cycle ?
It sounds like it may be a bearing issue.

We'll see if my partner here Pugsi has a more accurate diagnosis.

Old 06-09-14, 12:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Does the water drain. Will not spin if no drain, If you turn basket by hand do you feel any roughness make any noise?

Old 06-09-14, 01:33 PM
M
No grating noise in wash cycle, as mentioned the wash cylce is silnet and runs smoothly as normal. When I spin the drum by hand no noise nor does it feel any roughness. I think the water does not drain because when it gets to end of the wash cycle and the grating noise begins, the water is still there.

Old 06-09-14, 07:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like you have a bad water pump or something stuck in pump. To repair you have to take front off washer. Will give directions if you want to do this. Not a hard job but allow a couple of hours if you have never done something like this. Here is a diagram of washer.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...hdMod=WM1832CW

Old 06-10-14, 04:34 AM
M
Think I had better let a PRO handle this one, at least now I have a good idea of what may be needed, will let you guys know how it goes, appreciate it!

Old 06-10-14, 04:22 PM
M
Tech just left, he said it needs a new pump, when asked if he will get an original pump he said yes, he doesn't use aftermarket products and the pump will cost over $100. Looking at the link given above, it's leading me to this pump here:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...2001D/0026/795

so my question is, is the pump in the link above an original or not please? If it is an original then how can the Tech not get it at the same price or even cheaper?

Old 06-10-14, 04:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That is a online price that will have shipping added. Don't know How he came up with price he gave you. Sears prices off the truck are different than online prices.

Old 06-10-14, 05:03 PM
M
That was my thinking too, can you confirm that the Sears part is the original please so I can tell him I can tell him the price I can get it for online?

Old 06-10-14, 07:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
61.21 Is what I get. Independents can charge for travel time to get part. That is original part don't think they make after market part yet.

Old 06-11-14, 04:16 AM
M
Oh yes, I hadn't considered their efforts to get the parts themselves and especially within a day or two for if we had to order it ourselves by regular shipping this would mean we would need to go to a laundromat which would result in more expense and if we were to pay for expedited shipping then of course it may end up close to his pricing anyway. Thanks for pointing this out.

The Tech showed me particles on the filter which came from the back of the household mats, he said this will always cause the pump to malfunction prematurely. I am not sure laundromats allow you to wash mats in their machines?

Old 06-11-14, 09:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Baby socks and carpet back are 2 of the things that washing machines guys busy.

Old 06-11-14, 09:20 AM
M
So what do most people do with their household mats? I don't see going to a laundromat as a convenient option? BTW, I sent the guy the link to the pump and he replied ha can get it for $65 which makes me wonder if his intentions were to make some extra profit on the part? Good thing you sent me that link!

Old 06-11-14, 11:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I recommend they never put them in a washer. Rugs are ok until they start pealing and than throw them away.

Old 06-11-14, 11:42 AM
M
Yes but you need to wash them so I guess only option is to take them to a laundromat?

Old 06-13-14, 05:42 AM
M
Well, machine got fixed but we got screwed for sure as I am hearing a noise now that wasn't there before and I am 100% sure the guy did not purchase an original part because when he took out the original pump's housing and tried to fit the replacement it would not go on smoothly and after that he took over one hour to install the new pump as that would not go smoothly either. I think next time we should need any appliance fixed we should call an authorized service center to send someone.

We have decided that whenever this machines breaks next time we will purchase a new one, the guy told us a top load machine will be much better than a front load, is this correct please?

Old 06-13-14, 11:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not even close. All new washers have EPA controls on them. Your LG front loader is one of the best out there. What kind of noise is it making? When does it make the noise? Front loaders are the better washer.You need to deal with a national repair group. Most locals don't deal with front loaders much. Yours needs a special tool to reinstall front door boot. Without it would take a long time to install. A&E or SEARS are a couple.

Old 06-13-14, 11:25 AM
M
The noise is mainly there when it's draining which suggests to me a problem associated with the pump. I got tired of standing there for one hour as he was trying to install the pump so I left the room to go take a break then only 5 minutes after he called me stating everything was done which was very fishy to me, I am guessing he did not install the pump correctly because he did not know exactly how to do so.

Old 06-13-14, 02:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did he take front off or did he try to get it out the bottom? May still have rug pieces coming out of tub and in pump again.

Old 06-13-14, 04:31 PM
M
he tilted the machine back at a 90 degree angle and worked on everything from the bottom.

Old 06-13-14, 04:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I was never able to do it that way, Some of our guys said they could do it that way. always took longer than tearing washer down. to to take washer apart and another 5 to 10 to change pump.