GE Adora Front Load Washer Doesn't Drain

Old 06-12-14, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Adora Front Load Washer Doesn't Drain

We have the GE Adora Washer and lately the wash cycle seemed to take longer than the estimated time - but this week it just completely stopped draining. When I set any wash cycle it seems to go through a process of door lock, door unlock, door lock, then tumble left, tumble right few times.....then during wash cycle the water comes in, spins a bit, more water comes in, spins more - repeats that process a few times then when it switches to rinse cycle it 'pauses' (start/pause button flashes). There is no way to get it to continue. I have also tried just doing the drain/spin cyle or the rinse/spin cycle and it will lock,unlock few times, tumble and then pause. Will not rinse or drain. I have done extensive internet research, so in this time I have unclogged the drain, checked to make sure the pump wasn't clogged also, I have went through and tested all the service codes. I did not do T8 or T9 because of the drain issue, I didn't want the water filling up and having to manually drain each time......T14 only spun up to 500 but I'm assuming that's because there was a small load in the washer when testing? T2 came up with one error - E23. I'm assuming that was from one time of having too many towels when it got a bit off balance, so I cleared that out and reset the washer. Thought I'd try again and same result - pauses and flashes at rinse cycle. I feel like I'm so close as the pump is working and there is no clog.....would just like to be able to finish this diy repair. Any help for the solution or next step would be much appreciated! THanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-14, 05:55 AM
One more thing I thought of......when it pauses sometimes the pump still hums like it's running.....even when I turn the power off to the machine. A couple of days I unplugged the washer so the pump wouldn't hum all day afraid it would overwork and get too hot and burn out.

Old 06-12-14, 07:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
You didn't post model #but it sounds like the drain pump is clogged or going bad. If yours has a lower panel take it off and access pump that way. If water still in washer there will be 6 to 7 gallons of water. Usually a sock in pump, If a baby in house usually a baby sock. No lower panel front has to come off.

Old 06-12-14, 08:24 AM
Thank you for your post. As I mentioned, I did drain it and checked the drain line and the pump. There were some items in the drain basket (including baby sock). There was nothing in the pump. In most posts, this has fixed the problem, but ours is still doing the exact same thing since cleaning it out.

Old 06-12-14, 11:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
I don't have access to code sheets anymore (retired) but you have a unusual problem, On some washers if could be the pressure switch, next control board, wrong soap, More worried about low spin speed. Unless water was in basket it should of spun up to speed.