Samsung WF42H5000AW Front-load washer: Enough water???

Old 06-12-14, 08:15 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Samsung WF42H5000AW Front-load washer: Enough water???

I've been using a new Samsung WF42H5000AW Front-load washer for about 2 weeks now. I'm concerned that not enough water is being added to properly wash our clothes. There is never any water that pools in the bottom of the drum. Only enough water to soak the clothes pumps into the drum. Is something wrong with my machine?

Old 06-13-14, 04:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Check your owners manual, it sounds about right. Are your getting clean? Usually less than a inch or 2 is all the water you will see.

Old 06-13-14, 12:49 PM
J
They seem clean, but I never see any water in the bottom of the drum unless I reset the cycle and start over with the clothes wet and heavy. I think that tricks the load sensor into thinking there is a bigger load. One time I watched and saw that a shirt that discolors when wet take 5 minutes to get completely wet. Don't know what to think.

Old 06-13-14, 02:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You have a energy efficient appliance and water is regulated by computer. It sounds normal to me. Have been working on them over 10 years. Don't put ant clothes in washer and run a normal load and see how much water you get. Will not be more than a inch or two.

Old 07-07-14, 11:54 AM
J
some results

Tried that. Found that Normal and Heavy Duty cycles fill the back of the drum about an inch or so, but that stops halfway to the front due to the slant. No water at the front unless using Bedding, Perm-Press or Rinse/Spin only cycles. Then I get up to 2 inches all the way to the front. I would think that Heavy Duty would use the most but it doesn't. Clothes aren't getting clean using the 2 first cycles I mentioned. Any thoughts? Should I call service?

Old 07-07-14, 12:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Call Samsung first. Make sure they will pay for your call. Most times they will say normal operation and will be a charge call to you. If they say they will pay be sure you get the name of who told you that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: