Kenmore washer leak

Old 06-26-14, 01:51 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore washer leak

My washer, 110.82294500, is leaking about 3 T water on filling for the wash cycle. I stopped the machine and let the water sit in the tub for half hour. No more water leaked for the rest of the entire cycle. It was suggested that the problem could be the mixing valve. I doubt that since the water is coming from underneath the center of the tub and the valve is attached to it the back of the cabinet. Any ideas? I next plan to run a load with the top of the cabinet open hoping to see something. Unlike a lot of washers I can't remove the whole cabinet to observe but only the top of the cabinet. I know that the pump and the air dome could be problem areas and I don't know if they are above or below the tub.

Old 06-26-14, 02:29 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The pump is below the tub in front, air dome on lower right side of tub. There is also a filter on the left side of the tub which you will see with top opened. If you can't find the leak from looking with top opened or back panel removed, your going to have to block the whole washer up high to be able to get under it. I think you would most likely find it with top opened since it only leaks during fill. Check the hose fittings between inlet valves and tub water inlet.

Old 06-26-14, 05:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
That washer has a steel tub and any time I have worked on them the tub has rust that seems to start leaking. Rust breaks off and than a leak. Check what fairbanks said.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: