Maytag MHWE201YW Electric Washer

Old 06-29-14, 06:49 PM
Question Maytag MHWE201YW Electric Washer

We have an 18 month old front loading Maytag washer. It has two error codes that just started blinking non stop which are:

F3
E2

According to the diagnostic guide and the internet, that means the Water Temperature Sensor is bad.

We pulled off the top panel and unplugged every single wire connector and re-seated them to make sure vibration didn't cause any issues. We also made sure that none of the wires inside the chassis may have rubbed themselves raw/cut on areas where the factory zip ties were tight.

We made sure the unit is getting hot and cold water properly.

There's a sensor that drops in right where the hot water hose connects and goes through a 90 degree angle inside the unit. I was assuming this was the water temperature sensor for hot water, as there's a cold water one on the other bend/hookup. However, I can't seem to find any diagrams for this unit online, so for all I know thats something different.

Either way, can anyone offer any suggestions on what we could do to troubleshoot this further and/or get it up and running? After spending $30 at a laundrymat today, I'm eager to get this darn thing up and running!

Thanks

-Mike & Tiffany

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-14, 06:36 AM
According to the parts manual and wiring diagram, there is only one temperature sensor. Part number is W10176659 which is no longer available and has been replaced with part number W10467289. The sensor is part 23 on page 8 of the parts manual and goes into the back of the rear tub.

Parts manual: http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/asse...0W10411369.pdf

Old 06-30-14, 09:18 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 213
Welcome to the forums.

You have visually checked the wiring from the control board to the temp. sensor but it needs to be done with an ohmmeter as the wire can break inside the insulation and not leave an indication that it's broken.

Check the ends for corrosion also.

Old 06-30-14, 09:12 PM
The part was only $10 so I've ordered one in the meantime.

Now, on to checking with an ohm meter. I own a cheap multimeter that came with my last toolkit. Can you point me to some quick instructions or would be willing to provide something quick to tell me how to check it (the setting on the dial, negative to metal, positive to the end of the wire going to the sensor, etc)? Shorthand would work fine, I'll figure it out from there + some google searching =)

Thanks for everything by the way!