GE Washer not draining

Old 07-14-14, 10:41 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Washer not draining

So my washing machine stopped working this morning and I'm trying to DIY troubleshoot it. Model number is WSM2700HAWWW. I've checked the drain pump for blockages and didn't find anything obstructive. I used a multimeter as well and saw the reading came back at 0 ohms.. So I'm not so sure if that is good or bad.. This is the first time I'm trying DIY maintenance, so any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-15-14, 01:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
You have a combo washer, dryer Dose it spin? If not most likely the lid switch is bad. To check you need to disconnect wires and jump them. Can't remember if there is a ground wire or not but it there do not jump to ground. Put washer in spin to check after wires jumped.

Old 07-15-14, 10:22 AM
R
When I check, the washer still spins, with the dirty water still inside..

Old 07-15-14, 01:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Is the pump running? should be able to hear it. When spinning uinplug pump and does the sound change? You may need a pump. Stick finger in hose hole in pump in the hole from the tub and see if anything stuck in pump, There is 20 gallons of water in tub. I use a wet dry vacuum to get it out.

Old 07-20-14, 04:21 PM
R
update: found a small piece of clothing stuck! can't imagine how it got there... everything running smoothly again now.. thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: