Kenmore Elite Oasis washer codes and SD issue

Old 07-17-14, 07:13 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Elite Oasis washer codes and SD issue

Ok. I have model # 110.27072602 top load washer. It's about 6 years old, and sees a good amount of use. I also only use HE detergent. I suddenly started getting an SD on the display and stopping during the wash. I ran the washer empty (no detergent or clothing) twice with the same results. There should be no suds issue. I ran a diagnostic cycle, and found an F71 and F72 code. Did some online research and found the shaft the tub rides on could become corroded and cause one of the codes. Sure enough, that was the case. I cleaned it up, made sure the tub moved freely, and put it back together. Same problem still. I then ran an empty wash and found that the drain pump pushes the water out great, but after the machine is empty, the pump kept going. I then shut it off and ran another diagnostic test. At C8, the tub drains no prob, but the pump kept going for an additional 2 minutes after getting out all the water before I manually shut it down. During that, I had removed the hose that runs to the electronic control unit. At no point did I feel suction or pressure with my finger on the end of the hose. I could also blow through the hose.

Now, any thoughts on what the issue is? Since the drain pump pushes out water like crazy, but keeps running for an extended period after empty, I am guessing the electronic control unit. Can anyone give me a confirmation on that?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-14, 02:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
The pressure hose at control board will not have any pressure or suction on it. Has washer fills the slight amount of air pushed up tube controls amount of water to enter. Drain time is controlled by computer and pressure switch. Retired and don't have access to codes. What does the tech sheet say the codes are?

Old 07-18-14, 09:07 AM
B
"Sd" Suds Detected (Stored Error Code F71)
f72 (basket re-engagement failure)

I took care of the F72 when I removed the basket as corrosion seized it to the shaft. It now moves freely.

Old 07-19-14, 08:24 PM
B
Anyone? Before my wife beats me for not fixing it?

Old 07-19-14, 10:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Was hopping somebody else would jump in. Don't recognize that code and not sure if it is control board. Does it make a roaring sound in spin? Had a lot of problems with bearings. You had basket out so nothing under it.

Old 07-20-14, 07:13 AM
B
No. It's actually quiet. When I picked up the basket, I only found a couple of coins. There wasn't any clothing underneath or other items that would bind it up.

Old 07-20-14, 09:40 AM
B
This link shows a manual for a similar washer if that helps:

http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/Cabrio6th.pdf

Old 07-20-14, 10:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Page 6-5 manual mode, go to manual page 6-7 manual motor test. do the spin test and see if spins right. Second rinse locks lid.

Old 07-20-14, 07:27 PM
B
Ok. Did the tests. The spin and agitate seemed to work perfect. I also made sure the basket was floating when I filled the washer just above the agitator (and it was). Everything seems to function.

Old 07-21-14, 02:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Still hopping somebody else will come in. I personally have never had that code in years I have worked on them.