Whirlpool Duet washer doesn't spin clothes out very well

Old 07-18-14, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Duet washer doesn't spin clothes out very well

I have a Whirlpool Duet WFW9150WW02 washer that ends with dripping wet clothes. It seems to go through all the cycles fine. It seems like it needs to be spinning faster on the spin cycle though.

Any ideas? Also, can anyone direct me to the repair manual for this washer? I need to get into troubleshooting mode to see what error codes there are.

Thanks everyone.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-14, 02:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Take lower panel off and tech sheet should be in panel or taped to side. Your washer does not store codes if no code showing than usually no code. Most common reason for wet clothes is wrong soap or pump coin trap need cleaning.If you open coin trap there will be up to a gallon of water there if washer drained.
Are you using HE soap and about 1/2 of amount listed?

Old 07-21-14, 05:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The resident claims to use a small amount of soap. I ran a towel through a cycle without soap, and during the rinse cycle there seemed to be some bubbles. Could this be air bubbles from the agitation, or leftover soap from previous loads?

Also should it spin very fast on spin cycle? Or is it normal for the front loaders to go slower than a top loader would. It seems spin awfully slow to me.

Old 07-21-14, 08:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Should go fast on spin cycle. Are any codes there? Tech sheet will tell you how to get into diagnostics. Samll amount of suds usually ok but if quite a bit not.