Frigidaire Frosting Up

Old 07-20-14, 04:06 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Frosting Up

I have an upright Frigidaire Freezer which is frosting up. I have replaced the door seal, and all the hinge parts as I thought the door was hanging a bit and not allowing the door to seal properly. What else can I check.

The unit is still keeping everything frozen. Just having to clean excess frost / ice off everyday.

Model Number - LFFU1465DW4 (the first 2 digits of this are not very clear on the tag and this is my best guess)
S/N WB50435965

Steve - stumped in Baltimore

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-14, 05:21 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 622 Votes on 575 Posts
Where are you cleaning/removing the ice? From the interior walls near the door seals or the coils?

Old 07-20-14, 05:47 AM
S
I just opened up the back panel inside to view the coils. The coils had a light covering of frost but was a large amount of ice on the floor which blocked the bottom vent for the coils.

Most of the frost is around the top near the door opening and along the front side where the door opens.

The door seal seems tight except for the bottom side where the door opens.

Old 07-20-14, 08:32 AM
S
Smile

Well Here is what I did. Found the drain Frozen / clogged which I think caused the layer of frozen water on the bottom that was blocking the lower vent for the coils. So I cleaned the drain and washed it out.

Modified the upper hinge of the door so I could hang the door a Little lower on the close side. This has the seal for the door closing a littler better.

Dried and put everything back together and will see how it works now.

Steve

Old 07-20-14, 11:45 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 622 Votes on 575 Posts
Cut a long strip of paper or use a dollar bill. Close the door on the bill in questionable areas and you should feel definite resistance if the seal is sealing properly. If you can slide the paper/money easily you know it's not sealing in that area.