Kenmore Oven won't maintain heat

Old 08-02-14, 02:53 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Oven won't maintain heat

Hello,

I have spent literal hours looking for a clear solution and I still haven't found anything that seems to fit my exact situation.

I have a Kenmore (G.E.) oven model number 911 4038816. It is an oven in the wall, not a range. The problem I'm having is that it will heat to the pre-heat setting but then lose temp. The display shows the temp is the same, but in reality it has dropped. You can then change the temp to a higher or lower setting and it will kick back on and heat to that temp setting.

The first time this happened a while back, there was an error code, I believe F1 perhaps. After looking online I reset the breaker at the house and it has worked as I have described above since with no error codes.

From what I seem to have learned if it were the heat sensor, it wouldn't go where it is set to and then lose temp. If it were the heating element, it wouldn't make it all the way to the right temp in the first place. I'm not exactly sure what to start checking.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-14, 07:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Your model number appears incomplete.

You need to visually look at the relay board. You will most likely find a burned area on it.
Kenmore Range/Stove/Oven Relay Board WB27X519 Repair Clinic

Peruse the following thread and you'll see what I'm talking about. There is also a second thread link for another problem like yours.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...ovetop-ok.html

Old 08-03-14, 08:57 PM
V
Thank you for the response. I double checked the model # and that is the entire thing. The only other identification numbers are the serial number, which begins with 1A. I will look into those things you have mentioned.

Thanks,

Old 08-21-14, 08:11 PM
V
For anyone interested, it turned out to be a loose wire going to the digital board on the display. We can only assume from the door slamming too hard by letting it go rather than gently closing it.

Old 08-21-14, 08:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
A loose wire will do it. Thanks for leaving us an update.