GE electric double wall oven, JTP35DP2WW, light problem

Old 08-11-14, 12:12 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE electric double wall oven, JTP35DP2WW, light problem

I have a GE electric, double wall oven, model #JTP35DP2WW, 2 years old with an oven light problem. Sometimes when you turn on the interior oven light at the oven control switch it will work, sometimes not. Sometimes when you open the oven door the light will come on, sometimes not. Sometimes, when you are not doing anything the light will come on by itself (my guess is that we had turned on the light and since it didn't come on at the time we left the switch in the on position and then it finally came on by itself). This is only two years old, no other problem, it has electronic controls and on the GE web site the cost for a new electronic board module is about $200. We had noticed that the light bulb in the upper oven burned out quickly - replaced it two times since we purchased the oven - but my wife used to (when it did work) leave the oven light on all the time when ever she was using the oven. Could it be anything else besides the control module? Has anyone else had a similar problem with GE ovens? I can't see spending $200 to get a light fixed, but is there anything else I can try? Thanks!

Old 08-11-14, 09:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
I can't find a wiring diagram for your oven. It'll be somewhere on the oven but may not be easy to get to. Could be on the back or inside a back plate. I wouldn't replace the board either. It looks like with the amount of relays (+14) that the lights are controlled from the board.

Are there two switches..... one for each light ?
Do both lights have the same problem ?

Make sure you use appliance bulbs or a 130v bulb for a tougher filament.

The board part number WB27T11161. It runs anywhere from $110-$200.

Old 08-12-14, 08:19 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. As for your questions - there is only one light switch (it is part of the control switches at the top) and it works both lights (on - both come on, off - both go off). Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: