Kenmore Dryer Won't Run - Sometimes

Old 08-15-14, 02:06 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Dryer Won't Run - Sometimes

This is a variation on a common theme for these dryers (my model is 110.63942101). Sometimes it runs fine, other times it will not stay on after the PTS switch is released. Unplugging from the wall for a while then reconnecting seems to reset SOMETHING and it will be OK. Sometimes I have to do this several times to make it run. I am thinking it is the dryness control circuit board, as opposed to the PTS switch, relay, or thermistor. But don't know how to prove this and don't want to spend ~$180 for a nonreturnable part. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-14, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
You should have a timed run position on the dial or control. Does it exhibit the same problem on timed dry?

Old 08-15-14, 03:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Usually either the control board or the run relay. Open console and look at control board, On the lower part you might see a burnt resistor. If there the board is bad. If no burnt spot could be either the control board or relay. There are 2 relays in there and both are the same. UNPLUG dryer and than change relays and see if it runs and no heat. It so you have a bad relay. The one on the right side is run relay.

Old 08-15-14, 05:46 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you purchase the board from appliancepartspros.com, you may return it if it doesn't fix the problem and if it does fix it, you have a one year warranty on the board. These boards on the even heat dryers are a very common failure item.

Whirlpool W10116565 Electronic Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com