Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher- Air Dry light blinking

Old 09-04-14, 04:42 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher- Air Dry light blinking

We have a Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III MODEL GU1200XTKQ0.... The Air Dry light is flashing once repeatedly . Last week we replaced the thermal fuse to the top control panel since the panel had no lights and dishwasher would not start. After running a few loads, now the AIR DRY LIGHT flashes and when we try to run the dishwasher it starts briefly then stops.

Two months ago had same issue, managed to clear the error code with some random button pushes & machine started working but then after a month the panel went dead due to a blown top control panel thermal fuse...

Checked the technical notes inside the toe kick panel but it does not list what various blinking lights are error codes for.

Does the Air Dry light indicate that the air vent assembly door is not opening?? My parts guy told me that when the thermal fuse goes, it's from getting too hot due to the vent door not opening during the dry cycle.

I already put the machine through a diagnostic cycle, the air dry light still flashes... so something is dead in there.

Should I replace the air vent assembly??? Will that fix this?

Old 09-04-14, 09:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Does the Air Dry light indicate that the air vent assembly door is not opening??
I don't think so. Usually blinking lights signify something wrong or a possible stuck button on the keypad.

I would check the heating element first. That going bad would explain the thermal fuse blowing and the current flashing light.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: