Freezer not Working

Old 09-02-14, 04:49 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Freezer not Working

My freezer is not working but my refrigerator is and I was wondering if anyone had any clues as to why. I told my landlord and he told me that he didn't believe me, even though I sent him pictures of my ice completely melted. He said that it is not possible for the freezer to stop working but still have the fridge part work, even though that's what is happening. Is this true and am I maybe not noticing that the fridge is also not working?

On top of this, the previous tenant managed to put 2 huge holes in the freezer on the bottom, which my landlord also says is not a problem.... I'm thinking this might have something to do with it but I'm not sure.

The serial number is LT921583V and it's a pretty old refrigerator.

Please help!
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-14, 06:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 255 Votes on 240 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It is extremely rare for the freezer to be actually warm and the fridge cold. Usually the evaporator coils is in the freezer and air blows thru it and is sent to the freezer and fridge.

I need a make and model number for your fridge. The serial number doesn't help me.

Old 09-03-14, 08:24 PM
Ok thank you. It's a General electric refrigerator and the model number is TBX12SAXCRWH. The part of the freezer with the 2 holes is on the bottom and the coils are completely exposed - could that cause issues?

Old 09-03-14, 11:21 PM
Group Moderator
You're right..... that is a very old fridge.

That has the coil between the freezer and the fridge. There is also a fan near that coil that is supposed to blow air thru both sections. That fan is most likely not working. I'm not sure how those holes will effect the temperature but you should still get cold.

How could you not notice if the fridge wasn't cold ?
I see a new landlord supplied fridge in your future.

Link to parts and interior breakdown...
Refrigerator X Series Unit Parts | Model TBX12SAXCRWH | SearsPartsDirect

Old 09-04-14, 05:14 AM
Ok thank you, I will have a repair man come out and look at it. I have only noticed the freezer not working because I'll go to get ice and it's completely melted and/or my meat was completely thawed out several times. I guess at that time maybe my fridge had also not been working correctly but as you mentioned, it's not as noticeable and I'll try and somehow keep an eye on that too.

Old 09-04-14, 10:39 PM
Group Moderator
You should actually put a thermometer in the fridge to see where it's at.