Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker stopped making ice -

Old 09-06-14, 06:51 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker stopped making ice -

Good Morning - My 3 year old Samsung stopped making ice. Wondering if removing the filter and re-inserted it is allowed. I have removed the filter which is only a couple months old, have unplugged and opened the freezer door for around 30 minutes, have reset the filter on the panel several times, have removed the ice catcher and hit the reset button on the ice maker itself. No problem pouring a glass of water, there is a good flow coming through the water line. Wondering if because I removed and re-inserted the water filter several times, I need a new water filter. Any help would be appreciated. Maclorjoe thanks you!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-14, 10:08 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,045 Votes on 969 Posts
Did you remove and reinsert the filter several times before or after the ice maker stopped working ?
If after... then it should not have a bearing on the problem. You had the problem before removing the filter. Removing a filter could introduce air into the line which gets purged out by using the drinking water tap and allowing a day or so for the ice maker to purge out the air.

I'm not a pro on Samsung ice makers. Do you have the one where it flexes a plastic ice tray ?
If you have the one with the reset button..... hold the button in for 5 seconds. In 5 minutes the ice maker should fill with water. Do you hear that happening ?

With a model number I could check on specific problems from Samsung.