GE Washer WDSR2080D5WW no spin/agitate

Old 09-07-14, 11:52 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question GE Washer WDSR2080D5WW no spin/agitate

At any point in the cycle there is no sign of ag/spin/belt movement. The drum MIGHT move by hand but it is only with much physical strength. THe unit makes
quite a bit of noise when asked to spin, where the sound originates isnt clear. The sound also comes regardless if the lid is open or closed.

Is this model too old to be included in the motor reset that consumers can do by simply raising the lid a few times?

Washer is at friends house, so will try to respond with info best i can recall

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-14, 12:23 PM
F
No reset procedure on this machine. Noise is probably from the drain pump as drive motor should not work with lid open. Remove front panel and rotate the belt/pulleys by hand. One direction should produce agitation, opposite direction should produce spin. In spin, the entire transmission will rotate and you must keep rotating the pulley as the brake will engage as soon as you let go. You should not be able to rotate basket by hand as brakes are engaged unless main drive pulley is being driven in spin direction. With front panel removed, set washer to spin. You can unplug one of the wire terminals from the drain pump to eliminate noise from it while you determine if there is any noise from the drive motor. If no noise from motor, you may have a bad lid switch.

Eric

Old 09-08-14, 07:14 PM
H
thanks eric, followed the advice, and added a jumper wire to the lid switch. My homemade jumper was shoddy tho, and i was convinced i was nt getting a good eval due to poor contack...when putting things back in order, and connecting lid switch terminals....guess what happens...yup spins like no tomorrow! Beats me. thank you!