Kenmore washer wont spin

Old 09-10-14, 11:24 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Kenmore washer wont spin

I got this washer from my sister-in-law and have no idea how old it is. I have searched everywhere and cant find the model number the only number I can find is SM9711033A. Okay so about 6 months ago I changed the coupler on the motor and the dogs on my Kenmore Washer. Starting about a week ago my washer stopped spinning. I have been looking all around trying to figure out what is wrong. I have checked the clutch, coupler, and the dogs again. The washer agitates when I first start it up and works/sounds like normal, even opened the lid during agitation and it was moving like normal. However when it gets to the spin cycle is makes a shrill noise and doesn't spin. The noise sounds like it is coming from the bottom. I tipped it back and ran it and everything looks fine. Everything is spinning like it should. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check next or should I just give up and get a new one?

Last edited by Nikkip; 09-10-14 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added a few more details.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-14, 12:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
post model # please. shrill noise Where do you hear it from top, bottom Does the motor sound like it is running? If it is the washer I am thinking of probably better than new ones. Almost sounds like coupler broken but would not agitate. Open lid when in agitate and see if agitating.