Questions on Kenmore Dryer stopped working (Model 110.65062500)

Old 09-11-14, 09:48 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Questions on Kenmore Dryer stopped working (Model 110.65062500)

Hey all. So I had this dryer and matching washer when I moved into my first house a couple years ago. About a year ago the first issue happened. Model 110.65062500

Issue 1 - It would start beeping in the middle of the night, the console would turn on. It was almost as though someone pressed the 'normal' button to set the timer at xx minutes. It would never start the heating process but the console would beep. Just annoying.

Solution - We began unplugging unit from the wall whenever we werent using. Not ideal but worked

Issue 2 - On occasion, I would be emptying out the clothes, the door would be open, unit off, and the drum would turn a few times. Maybe for 30 seconds. I just let it do its thing but it seemed possessed lol. This didnt happen often so just lived with it

Solution - None, just lived with this

Issue 3 - Unit no longer starts the drying cycle when I press start. I can set the time fine, and when I press start I hear a loud click but nothing happens

Solution - Working on this...

So with that said, I took the unit apart and have access to the fuse. Im not great with electronics but I attempted to test with ohm meter and it looks to have a reading under 1 which I believe means its fine. I may replace it anyway. I see they have a kit on Amazon for the fuse and 2 thermostats. Should I get this?

Also on issue 1 and 2, do you think that might be because of the door switch? Maybe it thinks the door is closed and it stays on? Or something else?

I wanted to fix everything in one shot so I didnt have to disassemble again but any help is appreciated. Pics below of the insides

Oh and related, I have the matching washer but cant find the model number anywhere on it. Anyone that knows the model # to the matching washer I would appreciate!!

Thanks!

Also here is the amazon thing I was thinking of getting - Amazon.com: NEW PART 279769 3392519 3390291 3977394 FOR WHIRLPOOL KENMORE SEARS ROPER DRYER THERMAL CUT-OFF KIT: Appliances

Name:  dryer1.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  dryer2.jpg
Views: 2337
Size:  31.1 KB

Name:  dryer3.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  27.4 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-14, 10:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Starting by it's self and beeping are usually control panel. Where is the clicking coming from when you try to start? 3rd picture is in to close to tell what you are showing but not needed. Thermo fuse is good don't need to replace. Will show open if bad also thermostats if bad will show open. Here is a diagram of parts go to console and part 4 is control panel and part 10 is control board. I think click may be coming from there. Check prices with that dryer usually cheaper to replace it. Fairbanks should be in later and may have some more ideas.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...od=11065062500

Old 09-11-14, 10:24 AM
R
Dang I hope its not the control panel. That shows $450-$500 from Sears direct. I can get a brand new dryer for that price or close to it.

Im curious, is there a way to test some things without having to completely reassemble it? I guess my laziness is kicking in. Also what all can I test specifically? It sounds like you want me to check to see where the click is coming from but it would be great if I can power it up without the drum in place. There are two wires disconnected, one is the door wire and one I believe is the moisture sensor? (lower right if looking at the unit directly)

Thanks

Old 09-11-14, 10:30 AM
R
also pugsl, what does this mean "Will show open if bad also thermostats if bad will show open"

Is this referring to my ohm meter? Im not familiar with the terminology open as it relates to electricity. Unless you mean something else. Sorry for being a newb but appreciate the explanation. Maybe my testing was not done correctly also

Old 09-11-14, 11:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
thermo fuse and thermostats are good if not open, I use the continuity setting on my meter. Just easier to hear beep or buzz than looking at meter. You don't have to put all way together but will have to reinstall drum and belt as it has a belt switch. Put drum in and belt on and the upper front door panel with wires connected, Should be able to hear click when. With your self starting problem I am almost sure it is the user interface part #4