Whirlpool Duet (Front L) Washer won't turn on.

Old 09-11-14, 12:36 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Duet (Front L) Washer won't turn on.

Hello, thanks for reading.
I have a 4 yr old Whirlpool duet front loader W/D. Went to do a wash load and the POWER button did nothing, no light, no reaction, nothing. (Previous load seemed to finish fine). Cord looks good, 120 V from the outlet, check (even went to another outlet). I then went to the computer and got a few "things to look for". I started by unplugging the power and plugged it back in (after 30 sec) and I DID hear a Click from the CCU. That was good. I then took the top off and started looking around. I got to the CCU, and found the wire bundle that went from the CCU to the control panel (on/off, lights etc). I unplugged this wire bundle from the CCU and plugged it back in. After plugging the power cord back in ALL the lights on the front lit up, (except one or 2). Machine didn't react at all to pressing the on/off button or anything else. The lights stayed on until I unplugged the cord again. I again removed that same wire bundle from the CCU, and plugged it back in, then plugged the cord back in and only 3 random lights came on but nothing worked and those lights were not to be on together. still not coming on.
Is my control panel dead? I did not get to the other end of that wire bundle where it connects to the control panel (was getting late). By what you just read is there an answer to this problem? Or should I get to the control panel and check things there?
Thanks in advance, appreciate any help. I"m really wanting to do this myself, replacing a part etc.
Rod in Snohomish, Wa.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-14, 02:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
please post model # usually in lower panel there is a tech sheet either in panel or taped to side. need to know which washer you have. 3 screws under bottom fold, 9/32 socket.

Old 09-11-14, 02:09 PM
R
Thanks, I meant to bring it with me to work but forgot it. WFW 9, I remember type 832-A will get the model though. Thanks for your input.

Old 09-11-14, 09:40 PM
R
Model number is WFW9150WW00 Thanks for any help.
Rod

Old 09-12-14, 02:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Trying to remember how to get into test mode. If won't power up will not enter test mode. Get tech sheet out and it will tell you how to do it. Fairbanks may be able to help.
What I remember is turn on, put in drain spin, option button push 4 time in a row, should get a 00 in display or a FXX number.

Old 09-12-14, 10:31 AM
R
Thanks Pugs, I did get the bottom panel off and see the book. I will do what you told me, other then that I'm at a loss. I'm not yet ready to have a technician come over to tell me I have 120 volts in my outlets.

Old 09-12-14, 01:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check control board part #6 in diagram under control panel
WHIRLPOOL Automatic Washer Parts | Model WFW9150WW00 | SearsPartsDirect
Have found case broken on that one also when bottom panel off motor control board check for 120 volts at the pink wires, May be wrong on wire color but the 2 heavy wires that go to board. You may have to push start button to get reading.

Old 09-13-14, 12:40 PM
L
from the points which you have putted up i can understand that there is some problem in your machine only just check that once.

Old 09-14-14, 11:09 PM
R
Sept 14, 2014

Thanks guys, I opened my book from the lower panel. I Followed the steps and got to the part where is said listen for the click, it clicked. Have power to everythks like. Then it said check the touch pad but selecting this and that. Here is where I have no reaction, all buttons give me nothing. I was then sent to page 5, says select 3 keys, push in sequence 1, 2, 3, and repeat that 2 more times, within 8 deconds. This gave me nothing. Tried several times.
So I did unplug it a few more times and then plugged it back in geoe light here and one light there, never getting the power on light to work with the button.
I'm getting no reading at all. Just a randon light hear and there, sometimes a few lights now.
Now I do think I've tried everything. Col his be that I need a new "Green" board behind the buttons (Control panel I think this is) of the CCU over towards one side where the power comes from?
(My apologies for taking a few days to get back, I have a Dad not well (84), 2 hours away and spending most weekends there. No sob story just the truth).
Thanks again, so much.
Rod Bourke
Thanks so much for the help.

Old 09-15-14, 02:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sorry about your dad hard to be places at once. Board behind controls is usually called user interface but in your case they decided to call it electronic control Part # W10212765. Hard to tell if that or control board top right corner. Have seen both give problems. It might be easier and cheaper to call Sears and tell them what is happening and see if you could get a service contract. I think about 300 for a year but not sure at all about price.