Heat Escaping from Oven Due to Faulty Door Seal

Old 09-14-14, 10:44 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Heat Escaping from Oven Due to Faulty Door Seal

Hello folks, good to be here, first time posting so please bear with me.

My mother has an oven with a faulty door, heat leaks from the side and this is a problem because it is right next to the washing machine which will get damaged if she does use the oven. The problem with the door is due to its seal, it came off and she got a replacement which didn't seem to work. I will be visiting her soon and obviously will look into getting the correct door seal but I also wanted to know whether there was some type of heat resistant material that I could place between the oven and the washing machine which would itself not get hot and would thus protect the washing machine from becoming damaged, bearing in mind that it would have to be thin material since this is a very small UK kitchen and there is very little space between the two appliances. So I'd like to know if there is a material I could use that would work even if I wasn't able to get hold of the door seal immediately.

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-14, 07:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

A thin heatproof piece of something to put between oven and clothes washer to contain heat.
Something that won't burn or conduct heat.

We have a white piece of material that looks like burlap and contains the flame when plumbing so that the wall/wood catch fire.

Something similar in the following link....
Rothenberger Plumber's Soldering Mat | Solder, Mats & Acc

Old 10-17-14, 05:34 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Apologies for the delay in replying, thank you for both your welcome and the answer.