Whirlpool Cabrio washer troubleshooting

Old 09-15-14, 09:23 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Cabrio washer troubleshooting

Hi,
My washer has stopped working ,was gonna see if you guys could guide/assist me to troubleshoot it?Its starts to agitate and just stops with a F 51 error and a beeping sound.It doesnt have problems until about 10-15 mins into the cycle.Ive attached a short video of whats its doing.

It almost looks/sounds like the motor is losing power(or running out of juice) ,like it needs charged.I know that isnt whats wrong but just what it looks/sounds like that right before it gets the F error

Model # is WTW7600XW2
Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Df27g743U&feature=youtu.be

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-14, 12:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
F51 is usually control board. There is a tech sheet taped to front panel. Have to lift top and sheet is on left side. On sheet there is a way to ohm motor controls. Not a hard thing to do but without doing it you are guessing. here is a diagram of washer
WHIRLPOOL Automatic Washer Parts | Model WTW7600XW2 | SearsPartsDirect
Takes about 1 minute to open top so it you need help let us know.

Old 09-15-14, 12:57 PM
B
After doing some searching for "whirlpool carbrio" here on do it yourself forums.I came across this 6 yr old thread
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...ol-cabrio.html

Done another youtube search for rotor position sensor error and and went and took the washer apart from underneath and unplugged everything and reattached.Ran a full load and no error.Ran another to just to make sure and no error..FIXED!!!
I did notice the first thing I took off was lose( I think they call its a rotor/clutch or some type of guard protecting the stator)I had to use allen wrench to losen it.It has groves that slide right up on the transmission.

Old 09-15-14, 01:03 PM
B
F51 is usually control board.
Wouldn't this washer be giving the wrong reading for a control board problem?What I mean is it would work fine.Doing a normal load it was set to 50.Once it got to 26 left thats when it would give the error and stop.Well anyways its fixed,Thanks anyway for your help

Old 09-15-14, 03:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
I forgot about a loose rotor. Only ran into it a very few times. Will give the F51 because when rotor turns and it is loose it won't count turns right.