GE washing machine draining intermittently

Old 09-21-14, 11:14 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE washing machine draining intermittently

i have a ge front load washing machine that seems to be going on the fritz. Some days it works fine. Other it doesn't drain. Generally when it doesn't drain it stops the cycle at around 20 mins or so left and when you press the start but it locks ones, tumbles then unlocks and does nothing. Sometimes it finished the cycle but everything is still soaked. Now most the time putting in on the rinse and spin cycle fixes everything and the clothes come out like they should, but sometimes it wont go into the cycle. I've checked all the drains for blockage and took off all hose so i don't think draining is the issue. I'm unsure if this a pump issue or a control board issue. Any ideas?

had the control panel on my dishwasher go out this week as well so would like to order parts at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-14, 12:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Post model # GE washers may have a tech sheet under the top or taped to back. About 75% chance of it being there. Does your washer have a lower panel? If so take it off and clean water pump. Careful there will be at least a 1/2 gallon of water there even if looks drained. Be sure to follow instructions as some of them would hurt computer it exited wrong.

Old 09-22-14, 02:38 PM
K
what do u mean by clean the water pump? the model number is gbvh6260

Old 09-22-14, 03:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Model # did not work should be more letters on end, If there is a lower panel take it off, Inside will be pump and usually has a clean out on it, I need complete model # to see which washer you have. Model # is usually on right side but could be on either side near bottom.

Old 09-22-14, 07:35 PM
K
ok the sticker says gcvh6260fww

Old 09-23-14, 05:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Still can't get model # to work, Tried several versions of it and still did not work. Did you find tech sheet? Is there a lower panel on your washer and if so did you check pump?