New Kenmore Elite DW Problems

Old 09-28-14, 03:30 PM
H
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
New Kenmore Elite DW Problems

My DW is not washing well and I know the lower spray arm is partially clogged. I think it is the motorized one since there are gear teeth on it. I can't find anything on the internet on how to remove it. Anyone know how? This also begs the question as to how debris is escaping the filters and clogging the arms.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-14, 04:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Post model # somebody will be in to help

Old 09-28-14, 05:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
How new is your "new" machine. My customers say new when the unit is a year or two old.

Food debris should not be in the spray arm. Usually, if it's white, it's calcium and minerals from the water.

It is very important for the drain line to be attached up high under the counter for the drain system to work properly.

Name:  DDW.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  15.7 KB

Old 09-29-14, 04:16 PM
H
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
My machine was installed by me in Feb 2014. The discharge line dumps into a stand pipe that is just below counter top level. It is still under warranty and has had one warranty call in July. I am trying to avoid Sears if possible because of their abysmal service. I July it took 16 days to get a service call on a machine totally dead in the water.

My spray arms are clogged with debris, not calcium deposits. We have naturally very soft water. Therefore, for some unknown reason the wash water is not filtering properly. The filters are clean. My breakfast plate this a.m. had tomato seeds baked on it.

The model is: 665.12274K311

Old 09-29-14, 04:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Call Sears again, Manufacture pays for all repairs for first year. Don't let it get over a year or any repairs will be on you unless you bought a service contract.

Old 09-29-14, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Model # does not come up at sears parts direct.
Kenmore Elite should wash better than most. I have one and it's great.
I have a lot of experience with sears. Call 1 800 4 my home. Do not let them sidetrack you. Ask to speak to a supervisor. They do good repairs and will address your problem, but sometimes they need a little prodding. It's like they always want to offer an alternative first.
My alternative is simple: Fix This...