Frigidaire Washer Fallen Parts

Old 10-04-14, 10:33 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Washer Fallen Parts

Hi there,

Before I start explaining my issue, all images can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7xc2pt3ut...TjGar7oza?dl=0

Parts and Diagrams were found here: FRIGIDAIRE Washer Parts | Model FTF530FS1 | SearsPartsDirect

Frigidare M#FTF530FS1

I just moved to a new house and we brought our old washer/dryer. Upon bringing the washer in, I heard something move inside the unit loose. I opened the unit and found something white plastic cylinder like object along with nuts and washers.

I have tried my best to match the part (images found in diagram and parts folder) however I had no luck. I did think it was a "Pin-shock" (part 31 on motor/tub diagram) but it does not have the rounded end.

Can anyone help me identify it so I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-14, 11:12 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
It's an odd assortment of parts that don't look like they fit together.

That certainly looks like it could be a shock pin. The parts don't always look the same in the parts drawings as many times they use stock pictures for parts.

If you moved this unit without supporting the tub..... it would very likely be a part associated with the movement control (shock) system.

The following service video may be of some help as you'll need to check for a broken pin if that's what that part is. You tube /watch?v=9wHNRZRpJEc#t=161

My partner will be stopping by..... he may have a better idea on that part.

Old 10-04-14, 11:21 AM
J
Hey PJmax, Thanks for the quick reply. I can assure you this is not a shock pin... The shock pin has a rounded end on one side (sort of like a torpedo!). This is open on both sides, almost like a bolt would fit through...

Old 10-04-14, 11:28 AM
J
I should also add PJmax that all shock pins are in place inside the unit. I was going by actual pins, not the diagram.

Old 10-04-14, 11:55 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Parts 10,11 and 12 are shown in a separate box on that diagram. Part #10 is a 1/4" stop nut and part 11 is called a spring. That spring looks like a spring washer.
I can't tell from the diagram where they are used but that is the only listing for that type of nut.

Old 10-04-14, 12:16 PM
J
Good eye PJmax. They seem to be in the small holes found on the drum (part 13) along with holding the counter weight at the back. I can clearly see all of them and they are all there. Is it a possibility that theses pieces were always loose, and the original installer dropped parts in when he was removing the supports???? I believe that may be the case with these...

The piece that is now worrying me the most is the white plastic tube...

Old 10-04-14, 12:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
The black coned washer looks like one of the washers that hold the front or rear weight on. The 2 nuts look like the one's that hold washer and weight on. No easy way to see all the bolts as they go all around washer. If you take off bottom panel you should be able to see some of them and take top off you might be able see some more. I have only taken them off when tub is out of washer. (big Job) Are you having any problems with washer now? If you can't see where they are missing make sure the one's you can see are tight. Plastic pin white washer and black ring I can't place them at all. Have worked on them for last 10 years and can't place them. There is one other guy here who may know what they are.

Old 10-04-14, 07:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In the part diagram under motor tub part # 10 looks like your nuts and washer.

Old 10-05-14, 08:12 AM
J
Thanks pugsl. I did some further investigation and found the shipping bolt kid here (man do i wish i bought it now!):
Frigidaire Washing Machine Shipping Bolt kit 5303937142 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

I believe most of the loose parts found were from that. As inside the units the #10 nuts and washer seem to all be there (i looked at it from the back and the top). Last night I worked the courage to start the washing machine, it seems to have a pretty mean vibration. I read that this could be if the washing machine is not exacly leveled this could be the issue? The springs are LOOK ok, and same with the Shock Absorbers, but is there any way to truly test this???

Thanks

Old 10-05-14, 08:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
!st level washer to do this first get all the wobble out when you push on washer. Push down on both front corners and make sure no movement. I always do all adjustments from the easiest front leg I can get to. After no wobble get 3 or 4 towel and get them wet. Turn washer on and let it fill. Turn washer to spin and wait until it gets to high spin and make final adjustments . Could take as little as a 1/2 turn on leg to smooth out.
If washer is shaking so hard it moves you have more problems.

Old 10-05-14, 05:47 PM
J
Ok I may have found the issue... It seems one of the threads on one of the legs is worn out, possibly causing "jumping" up and down from that one side????

I unscrewed all the legs more to go past the portion of the troubled leg and leveled it back, and it seems better. It is still vibrating, but I believe it is a normal amount (I hope, I've never staired at my washing machine for an hour straight before!).

Could this be the issue the whole time?

Old 10-05-14, 06:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Without being able to see washer if it does not walk and cabinet stats fairly smooth should be ok. That washer has about 8 to 10 year life span. Rear bearing will usually start to go bad.

Old 10-07-14, 09:01 AM
J
Ok. thanks for all the info! seems to be working decent now. Will post back if i have any issues. Thanks again!