Whirlpool side-by-side Fridge Not Cooling. Vent?

Old 10-09-14, 05:10 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool side-by-side Fridge Not Cooling. Vent?

Hi there,
I have a Whirlpool side-by-side American style fridgefreezer. Unsure of the model number as I cannot find it anywhere! But it looks like this one: Whirlpool FRSS 36 AF25/3 Fridge Freezer

It's the same interior layout (Sixth sense, no frost etc).

The freezer seems to be cooling ok, and the evaporator fan is working as I checked that, also the main fan is working in the bottom back panel and the condenser is just warm to touch.... however the fridge is not getting cool enough. I have opened the door, pressed the switch in so the machine thinks the door is closed and the evaporator fan comes on but cannot feel any air movement from the vents in the fridge.... I took the back panel off and looks like the vent at the top left of the fridge is shut? But I can't tell if it's opening when it should or not???

Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks
Dec

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-14, 07:27 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
You're probably right..... the damper between the freezer and fridge is either stuck shut or not working. You're going to need to dig a little further for the model number as "looks just like" another model isn't going to help here.

Old 10-09-14, 11:11 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, I took the diffuser out of the fridge and found that the plastic moving vent part was broken. Going to order one of these: Whirlpool, Smeg, Hotpoint, Air Baffle, Air Diffuser Metal Insert / replacement | eBay - Hope that fixes it, for the time being i've removed the broken part and put the diffuser back... at least that way it stays colder rather than warmer.