52752100 Kenmore side/side continuous run and cold

Old 10-11-14, 04:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
52752100 Kenmore side/side continuous run and cold

(model starts with 106 in front) Darn thing works really good....TOO GOOD! LOL Started to notice things freezing in the fridge side. Turning up temp (warmer) noticed fridge still operating. Did the diagnostic check via the top electronic control unit topside fridge. Does really show anything, other that I can hear the components working., when I do each test. (2 of them make no sound....manual defrost, and #2 which don't know what is for) I hear the little diffuser (if that's what it's called) door operating between the fridge and freeze. I have performed the deice function manually. If I were to guess, it's a thermostat type switch that is stuck on.
Can anyone recommend a solution? This is a side by side unit. I did unplug it an hour and the same. Picking up a fridge thermom. to see exactly what temp is going on. Any ideas? I don't mind throwing some parts at it, but being that it's a 2001 model, I'm not about to replace the mother computer in the top of fridge side. Let me know and thank you as always. DM

Last edited by drmax; 10-11-14 at 04:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-14, 04:44 AM
Ok, so on my diagnostics test, #2 is green for RC thermistor and #1 is for FC thermistor and is green. I'm thinking if it were the start device contacts welded shut, it would come on immediately after plugging in, which is not the case. Maybe the diffuser isn't controlling the cold air to the fridge, but, that doesn't tell me why the fridge does not shut off when obtaining a certain temp. Could be that its just the condenser fan that I hear that running all the time. Still, why wouldn't this shut off. Hope to hear from a technician form this board soon. Thx, DM

Old 10-11-14, 05:00 AM
Since mine is not shutting off and freezing food in fridge, I would lean to the thermistor. Both diagnostic test indicate Green for continuity. Could they still have failed? Don't even know difference between FC and RC thermistor. My parts list only shows FC in my airflow area. Dunno why I have a diagnostic test for a RC then. OMG!

Old 10-11-14, 09:21 AM
Group Moderator
Received 331 Votes on 309 Posts
I'm guessing your model number is 106.52752100. The 106 is important as it tells me the manufacturer of the unit which if correct is Whirlpool.

Usually the RC is the fridge and FC is the freezer.
I only found one thermistor in the unit also. Manufacturer Number 2188819.

There are three parts that control the temperature..... the thermistor, the motorized damper and the control board.

Some evaporator fans run all the time. The fan and compressor under the unit should cycle.

AIR FLOW Diagram & Parts List for Model 10652752100 Kenmore-Parts Refrigerator-Parts

Old 10-11-14, 09:40 AM
PJ. So my plan is to read resistance on both FC and rc. I have the specs. I'm guessing one in freezer is bad. If it's the control board, it's going to the dump. Wut is you take? The diagnostic test paper work states the control board performs the resistance check. They both show green. I suppose I'll manually test them. If they are both within the 2.7K ohms at around 77F, then its the control board. Wuts your experience with this?