Kenmore 90 series washer leaking because of wobbly drum

Old 10-21-14, 01:49 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 90 series washer leaking because of wobbly drum

I noticed A LOT of water on the floor and it turns out that when my washer is filling, water splashes over the back of the drum because the drum is too far forward. The drum is loose -- I can actually reach into the machine and move it around.
The machine works fine otherwise. I tried to rebalance the machine -- it is just slightly uneven -- but that didn't move the drum back into place. To do that, I have to push the drum back when it's filling and then again during the rinse cycle.
Not sure what I should do. The washer is is 14 years old and it's in a tough place to pull apart.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-14, 04:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Post model # and can help better. Lean washer back against wall and look under it. There should be 3 springs around tub and 1 spring from tub to bottom in back. Usually that is the broken spring. Either spring broke or hole rusted out or both. Hole rusted out move over about 1 inch and redrill hole.

Old 10-21-14, 04:47 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The model number is 11020902990. Thanks.

Old 10-21-14, 10:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
Basically items 1-7 in the following link/diagram control the centering and suspension. You could have a broken spring, broken bracket or a problem like pugsi mentioned.

If you click on "full size" under the diagram it will open in a new page. Click on the new diagram to see an expanded view that you navigate with your cursor or arrow buttons.

MACHINE BASE Diagram & Parts List for Model 11020902990 Kenmore-Washer-Parts | SearsPartsDirect