Dishwasher door panel

Old 10-23-14, 06:24 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher door panel

I am looking into cutting and attaching a wood panel onto the door of a PDW9700N00II GE dishwasher. I tried to google the screws/anchors that secure a wood panel to the door but I am most likely not using the right terminology. Could somebody advise how is the mounting hardware called? I attached a picture of the existing door, I hope it will display within this thread.
Thank you!

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-14, 07:00 AM
I didn't search for model number because you want to build your own panel rather than a manufacturer's part.
2 things:
The panel will have to be thick enough to accept a screw, it can't be just a 1/4" for example.
1/2" or 3/4" would do it.
Once you cut panel to size and are ready to mount, it will take some careful measurements.
You will attach screws to back of panel so that they line up with keyhole slots in DW front.
Use pan head screws. Test fit them in holes first. You want head of screw to fit in large top of keyhole and then slide down, locking it.
I will post again trying to show how to measure for screw location.

Old 10-23-14, 07:17 AM
T
Oh, I see. Much simpler than I thought. I see why a 1/4" panel would not hold (that is what I was going to use). What confused me was a solid white plastic remain stuck in the lower right hole. I assumed there's a specific hardware... I should be able to measure accurately, thank you! I installed all the tiles, trim on the cabinet fronts, door pulls... By now I think I measured every inch in this place... I appreciate your feedback very much, what a good news to start the day.

Old 10-24-14, 09:54 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,104 Votes on 1,024 Posts
Interesting door design and of course if you could actually find the panel from GE it would very expensive.

Name:  door.png
Views: 240
Size:  21.4 KB