Whirlpool WRX735SDBM

Old 11-03-14, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool WRX735SDBM

I'm looking at purchasing a Whirlpool french door refrigerator that is advertised to be 35.5 inches wide. I have a gap of 36.75 inches, with a counter to the left and a wall to the right. I'm not sure if the doors of the fridge, when opened, tend to increase space required or if that'll be enough room. It says when it's opened 90 degrees it takes up around 35.7 inches, so I'm assuming it'll work, but I just don't want to spend 2k and find out it doesn't fit.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-14, 09:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That is a hard question to answer. Even with the manufacturers specs I would physically want to look at the fridge and check the door clearance in person. I am seeing one problem that maybe you haven't seen. How will you be opening the door that is against the wall ?

Name:  fridge.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  8.2 KB

The door can only open 90 against the wall. It may not be enough to get into the unit.

Old 11-03-14, 11:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
I don't have your frig. but have similar set up. The way doors are hinged they don't open larger than your opening. I have 2 different frigs and they both open same way. Easy way to check is put a straight edge (ruler) along side passed door opening and open door. ruler should only slightly move.
doors on most setups are slightly in front of opening.