Kenmore 110.24422300 Washer Trips Breaker

Old 11-09-14, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Kenmore 110.24422300 Washer Trips Breaker

Hi Everyone,

I have a rental that has 6 months left on the lease and i anticipate moving back into the provide once done. Well turned out the washer is giving the tentants issues.

At first it would not spin, I went to repairclinic.com and it tuend out the coupler was the issue. I went ahead and replaced it. I tested that it ran through a small washing load, and it spun, drained no issues

Fast forward 2 weeks, and now the washer is tripping the breaker when it tries to get to the spin cycle. I go today and the machine hums for a bit then trips each time.

I have been reading up on this and this is what i have tried, please anyone offer suggestions I am trying my hardest not to purchase a washer when i know I will eventually purchase a new set once my wife and i move back

1.) Took cover off removed the water pump, and tested the washer. It still would trip.
2.) remove the motor with cables plugged. I can hear it spins, but ulimately trips the breaker.
3.) I drained the drum, removed the water pump looked inside nothing seems to be obstructing the pump.
4.) Looked at the coupler again and it all looks fine.

Anything else I could try? At this point i really don't knwo what else it could be. I have a used appliance store down the street who has a washer with shipping will be 250. I am not sure what to do

ANy help would be much appreciated

-

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-14, 02:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Does the motor sound funny? like it is moaning or not turning to fast? Could be a hard one to find. Open console (2 plastic caps on ends and 2 screws under caps) see if there is a plastic timer . let us know what you find.

Old 11-10-14, 05:47 AM
Take the cover off of the motor switch. The switch is the part that the wiring harness plugs into. The start winding contacts are normally closed when motor is not running. Pull switch away from motor and the contacts should open. If they don't, they are welded shut. The start winding is only for starting the motor and must be switched out of circuit as soon as motor starts. If not, motor will labor, capacitor can fail and motor can be damaged.

Old 11-10-14, 07:58 AM
Hi Pugsl,

So there is a tan colors items behind the console par the flips up.
The motor team to spinning not fast at all though.

I didn't have wire to bypass the door switch its pretty much me hearing for the noises. Once the humming noise goes away and the breaker pops, I hear that something is spinning at the base (which is the motor and it slowly comes to stop.

Old 11-10-14, 09:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Check what fairbanks said, I have had problems with the plastic timers. If you try replacement will still be plastic but they seemed to have fixed problem. Either one we have said could cause your problem or could be something else. Timer at Sears are around 140$