scratches in a stainless steel refrigerator

Old 12-07-14, 09:50 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
scratches in a stainless steel refrigerator

We own a Frigidaire refrigerator a lot like this one:
Frigidaire Professional 22.4 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator FPHG2399PF

It's one with stainless steel doors and handles. We've been diligent about polishing it with stainless steel polish. Recently we've discovered some scratches on the handle and one on one of the doors. Polishing over them with the stainless steel polish doesn't do any good. I'm wondering if there's some type of tool or technique I could use to buff out these scratches. I don't want to do it wrong and screw it up worse. I think the doors themselves have some kind of coating over the stainless steel. The handles may not have that. I'm not sure.

Any advice on getting rid of these scratches is appreciated. There are also scratches on our similar stainless steel dish washer.

Old 12-08-14, 02:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Not being able to see your scratches, it will be difficult to offer suggestions, but Scotch Brite pads will help with normal scratches on stainless steel. You need to move the pad with the grain and do it very lightly. Since most of your scratches are on the handles be aware of your rings, as they are probably the culprit. Remember diamonds cut steel, or is that paper covers rock

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: