Dishwasher won't start cycle.

Old 12-07-14, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher won't start cycle.

I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher (Professional Series) Model#pld2855rfc1. Someone leaned against the controls and it started, I pressed cancel and it stopped. I tried to start it today and it displays that it is running but it does not start the water running or anything else. Any idea what could be wrong or how to reset it? I cut the power to it but it did not do anything. When I press "Both Racks" then "Start" the display shows "86" (minutes)which is normal.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-14, 04:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 337 Votes on 315 Posts
That's a strange problem. Usually disconnecting power for a few minutes will reset the controller.

When you try the different buttons..... do they appear to work ?
Are any of the buttons blinking ?

Old 12-07-14, 05:33 PM
That is strange, especially if it was working fine before. I would try several things.
1. Push cancel/drain
2. Ensure child lock is not on (hold for 3 seconds or until released)
3. Ensure the 86 minutes on display is not running time until end of cycle, but a delay until start of cycle.

Old 12-07-14, 05:49 PM
Thanks Guys, how long do I cut the power for? How do I know if the cycle is delayed?

Old 12-07-14, 08:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 337 Votes on 315 Posts
Try leaving the power off for several hours.

Delay Start
The DELAY START option allows you to automatically delay starting your dishwasher from 1-10, 1-24 or 2-4-6 hours depending on your model. On models with 1-10 or 1-24 hour delay, press the DELAY START pad until the desired delay time shows in the STATUS window. A light will come on indicating the delay start hours and will remain on until cycle starts. On models with 2-4-6 hour delay, press the pad once for a 2 hour delay, twice for 4 hours and three times for 6 hours. A light will come on indicating the delay start hours and will remain on until cycle starts.
To cancel the DELAY START option and begin the cycle before the delay period is over, press the START/CANCEL pad.
To Cancel a Cycle You can cancel a cycle anytime during the cycle.
Press START/CANCEL pad and the dishwasher will start a 90 second drain. At the end of the drain, select the desired cycle.

Old 12-08-14, 09:39 AM
Thanks PJmax! I cut the power for 3 hours but it is still doing the same thing. Is 3 hours long enough? Is there a way to reset it back to the factory settings? I pressed "Both Racks" then "Start" and the time elapses & the "Both Racks," "Sensing" and "Washing" lights are on.... Joe