Frigidaire Dishwasher - leak possibly from door

Old 12-09-14, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Dishwasher - leak possibly from door

I have a Frigidaire Professional ( Model #FPHD2481KF1) that leaks occasionally. I have checked the pump and all the hoses, under the machine and they all appear dry. I run it through a cycle and it seems fine. Then sometimes it leaks I suspect from the door but I'm not sure.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-14, 11:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 345 Votes on 323 Posts
If it only leaks occasionally it's probably not a defect type problem. Sometimes it's as simple as the water bouncing off a plate or dish and hitting the door at a certain angle.

Old 12-11-14, 02:10 AM
Group Moderator
Received 199 Votes on 184 Posts
It sounds silly and obvious but you first have to narrow down the source of the problem. The door, pump and hose connections are in different locations. You'll just have to do some investigative work to find the source of the leak.

For really difficult or very intermittent leaks I put squares of toilet paper under various areas and see which gets wet. If you can't be there to watch it cycle or can't check the toilet paper before it dries out put a sprinkling of cool-aid drink mix on the toilet paper. If it stays dry you'll just have powder on the tissue. If it gets wet the drink mix dissolves and stains the tissue and it's very evident even when it's dried.