Missing dishwasher cycle ?

Old 12-20-14, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Missing dishwasher cycle ?

We have an Amana Softsound II. Anyone know if there's a prewash cycle...like a soak...on this unit,,,?
Thanx.....Charlie

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-14, 03:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Will most likely need model # to help

Old 12-20-14, 04:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 337 Votes on 315 Posts
SoftSound, QuietFlow, QuietWash, lots of buzz words for supposedly quiet dishwashers.

I would doubt your machine has a dedicated pre-wash cycle. When you stop and think about it.... what is pre-washing ? The machine fills with water, runs for xx minutes. Dumps that water and refills with fresh hot water and dumps the soap dispenser. So technically your machine could be said to have a prewash. Soak.... no.

Old 12-20-14, 06:15 PM
This is probably obvious, but dishwashers don't have a soak similar to a washing machine.
The dishwasher doesn't fill with water.
The closest you would get to a soak is "quick rinse". This comes in handy when you don't want to start a cycle just yet, but getting the dishes wet will prevent hardening of food particles.

Old 12-21-14, 02:07 AM
I just notice that it runs for 3 or 4 minutes, then can hear water draining into sink drain. It's not just draining the old water, the sprayers and wands are active. Then the main wash cycle lasts for quite a while, compared to that first cycle. What's happening in those first 3-4 minutes, if not a pre-wash "wetting' of dishes...??

Old 12-21-14, 07:38 AM
The machine fills with water, runs for xx minutes. Dumps that water and refills with fresh hot water and dumps the soap dispenser. So technically your machine could be said to have a prewash. Soak.... no.
PJ explained it, I guess you could call it a prewash... I was confused maybe. I thought you wanted to prewash only.