Maytag mdb4000aww dishwasher leaking

Old 01-02-15, 02:13 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag mdb4000aww dishwasher leaking

Hi,

I have a Maytag mdb4000aww dishwasher that has a small leak coming from the front right. I checked the float valve which is moving up and down fine. I saw video that said to listen for relay click when float valve is moved up. On my dishwasher there is no click heard when moving float valve up or down. I looked at the relay switch and it does move freely but doesn’t move when the float valve is moved. See first picture where I push up the relay switch and second picture where float valve is in up position but float switch is in down position.

Name:  IMG_2397.JPG
Views: 820
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2399.JPG
Views: 760
Size:  31.4 KB

Does anyone know if the float valve switch is working as designed or is something that needs to be replaced? If someone who is knowledgeable about this could let me know I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-15, 11:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

There isn't a relay. The click will come right from that switch. Listen closely as it is not very loud at all.

In that bottom picture.... if the tub is not full of water then the float is sticking up. If that float doesn't keep the switch down... the tub won't fill.

Where is the water leaking from..... the float shaft ?

Old 01-04-15, 06:39 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Pete.

I don't hear a click when I move float valve up and down. I thought the switch would move up and down as the float valve moves up and down but maybe that's not the case.

In the bottom picture I was holding the float valve up to show the switch doesn't move when the float valve is moved.

Water is leaking from the front right side. I think it's leaking from the door.

Old 01-05-15, 08:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
The switch itself doesn't move. There is a little tab coming out of it that must be held in for the water to fill the tub.