Maytag Neptune washer- no hot water

Old 01-16-15, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag Neptune washer- no hot water

Maytag washer will only dispense cold water. Water temp switch has HOT WARM and COLD options. When selecting other than cold on the switch, nothing happens. 1). I replaced the water inlet valve, thinking our well water may have clogged hot water inlet. NO CHANGE and no hot water. 2). Replaced the water temperature switch NO HOT WATER. I checked the main circuit board and can not see any burns or anything unusual. What is next to try? The washer had a rubber boot replaced and wax motor replaced 3 years ago by a repairman due to washer not completing spin cycle. Also, bearings were replaced. SO, other than having only cold water, it's almost new. Appreciate any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-15, 10:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I know you have checked the inlet screen for an occlusion, but thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't. Our appliance pros will be along shortly, but I am sure they will concur that you have a great boat anchor, there. I had one for an amazing 12 years, far longer than the expected life time, and finally got tired of throwing money at it.

Old 01-16-15, 11:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
I agree about boat anchor part, Post model #, If I remeber right water temps are controlled through the control board. There also should be a thermistor in water line someplace. In control panel should be a tech sheet to tell you how to check components. Take screws out of control panel and sheet should be there.

Old 01-19-15, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag Neptune MAH3000aww. Thanks

Old 01-19-15, 08:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
Did you find the tech sheet? I don't have one and without it can't tell how to test.

Old 01-20-15, 12:47 AM
Group Moderator
Received 482 Votes on 452 Posts
from the service manual......

WATER VALVE OUTPUTS
The machine control determines whether the hot or cold Water Valve Outputs should be energized during each timer increment, but it only gates the power to the water valves, it does not directly provide that power.

When the timer is in an increment calling for water, power passes from the timer to the wash or rinse level circuit in the pressure switch. When the water level is below the full level, the pressure switch circuit is closed and the power passes to the machine control. The machine control gates the power to the hot and cold Water Valve Outputs. When the pressure switch senses that the full level is reached, the circuit opens and de-energizes the Pressure Switch Input on the machine control, which de-energizes the Water Valve Outputs.

The machine control will read the Water Temperature Sensor Input to determine the blended water temperature passing through the water valve.

In a warm wash fill, the machine control will first energize both the hot and cold Water Valve Outputs for five seconds then de-energize the cold Water Valve Output and monitor the water temperature. When the Water Temperature Sensor Input passes the warm threshold (approx. 20 K Ohms), the machine control will re-energize the cold output for the remainder of the fill.

In a cold wash fill, the machine control will first energize only the cold Water Valve Output for five seconds. It then energizes the hot Water Valve Output and monitors the Water Temperature Sensor Input until it passes the cold threshold (approx. 44 K Ohms), when it de-energizes the Hot Water Valve Output for the remainder of the fill.

If the user selects a warm rinse temperature, the machine control will count the rinses and allow a warm rinse fill only on the third and fourth (if the user also selects the Extra Rinse option) rinses. The first two rinses will be cold only. The machine control does not regulate water temperature during the rinses.
NOTE: If the user chooses the Easy Care/Perm Press fabric selection, all rinse fills will be cold regardless of whether the user also selected the warm rinse temperature.