Whirlpool dishwasher problems

Old 01-20-15, 02:40 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool dishwasher problems

Whirlpool Du810swpq4

I need a manual or at least some additional detail. My washer was new and since has only run a few times as I only put dishes in it to drip dry. I run it once a quarter or so so the water doesn't stink.
This time I went to run it and the motor won't turn. I can see it try but that is it. If I force it a little in either direction it will kind of click past something.
Anyway I can't figure out how to drain it or sop up most of the water so it does not run out the bottom if I take it apart.
Everywhere there is all this common sense stuff that is not my problem. Actual action to fix a problem is non-existent. Chances are I do not even need a part to get this one running. Hardly worth a tech visit, probably cheaper to buy a new dishwasher.
Anyway where is some common sense action items so I do not recreate stupid unexpected errors? Or is this not a site where people have actual experience?
Thanks
T

Separated from... http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...e-manuals.html

Last edited by PJmax; 01-21-15 at 03:33 PM. Reason: started new thread
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-15, 04:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I moved you to your own thread so we can concentrate on your unit.

If you'd like me to leave you a link to a place where you can purchase a service manual... let me know.

I haven't had your exact experience but I do service appliances. It sounds like the seals in the main pump may have dried up and gotten hard.

There is also a check ball in the drain pump that may have become stuck keeping the unit from draining.

Your machine should have a tech sheet with diagnostic routines listed. Usually this sheet can be found rolled and possibly in a plastic bag behind the lower kick panel under the door. The kick panel may just snap off or be attached with two screws. Find a read this sheet first.

Sears parts direct has some excellent exploded views of appliances. You can select the Pump and spray arm parts section.
WHIRLPOOL UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER Parts | Model DU810SWPQ4 | Sears Parts Direct

You can see that the motor and pump are replaced as an assembly. There is also a replaceable seal available. In the following link, at the bottom, a part number is given for the seal kit. I've never replaced just the seal before so I can't tell you the degree of difficulty.
Questions and Answers for Whirlpool W10247394 Pump and Motor Assembly - Appliance Parts Pros