Help replacing odd-sized wall oven

Old 02-25-15, 04:00 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help replacing odd-sized wall oven

I'm trying to help my parents research a new wall oven. They currently have an electric oven, Bosch model # HBN446AUC. The oven dimensions are 23 1/4" H by 26 5/8" W by 22D, but the cutout opening is 23" H x 25 3/8" W x 24" D. I've been trying to see if there are models that would fit this without having to cut into the cabinets--my parents have a home warranty that will cover the replacement of the oven itself, but it doesn't cover any modifications to the cabinets that might come up during the replacement.

Does anyone have any experience with either this model, or a similar issue? Or does anyone know of any sort of way to look up oven models based on the cutout size requirements? If I've left off information that would help, please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-15, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have a lot of experience with this. That's a small wall oven.
Almost always, modifications are needed. Not necessarily a bad thing. It is better to have to cut an opening wider/higher than adding pieces to close it up.

We are here to help, but really this is the sales person's job.
- Give them your existing cut-out dimensions
- Give them the total width of cabinet (I would guess 30", which allows room for cutting side stiles)
- Measure the available space between the bottom of the upper doors and the top of lower doors or drawer front.

You might have to reposition the electric also. Many new oven designs are very particular where the junction box is located.

You can get help here on cutting cabinet and moving electric. Sales person should be able to find an oven that fits or is very close.