Fisher Paykel dishwasher control board repair

Old 03-07-15, 10:34 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fisher Paykel dishwasher control board repair

Has anyone ever tried to repair a control board for a fisher paykel dd603?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-15, 09:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
I routinely repair controls boards in many appliances. What do you need ?

Old 03-10-15, 03:55 PM
S
I'm not sure what I need. I know the board is bad, but I don't know what is wrong with it. There is no power to the LCD when the board is installed.

I guess I assumed there is a capacitor that routinely goes bad on these, and wanted to know if anyone could give me advice on troubleshooting the board.

Old 03-10-15, 07:41 PM
Group Moderator
Do you have ANY electronic troubleshooting background ?
There are no common trouble spots on those boards that I know of other than water leaks.

If you have a VOM (test meter) and you can shoot me good pictures of the board, front and back, I'll work with you. The pictures would need to be sent to me to be hosted or hosted on a hosting site. They would not be useable posted here as they would be too small.

You can shop around for bargains on that control board. It should be 528397HUSP. I found it from $25 and up on eBay and the like.

CoreCentric sells refurb boards with a warranty. CoreCentricSolutions/RFR_Price _List.html

Just enter your board part number.

Let me know what you want to do.

Old 03-11-15, 06:24 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 625 Votes on 578 Posts
I generally give them a close visual inspection looking for burned components. But even if you do spot a obviously burned or bad part the next big problem is identifying what it was as circuit diagrams and component lists are rarely available. If you can identify the damaged discrete component then you can replace it but if it's charred too bad that leaves you with simply replacing the board.

Old 03-13-15, 03:42 PM
S
I don't have any electronic trouble shooting experience, but I am an engineer with a VOM and a decent amount of basic electronics understanding. I did take pictures of the board, and one of the capacitors looks like it might be bulging a bit, but nothing obviously scorched.

I bought a used board from ebay, part number 528397USP. Is that the same one? What does the 'H' in the 'HUSP' mean?

I wasn't able to find any boards for $25. New ones were all around $100 and up. Used about $80.

Old 03-13-15, 05:20 PM
Group Moderator
I don't know what the H stands for but the part number I found for your unit was with the H.

The two used boards on eBay were sold. Current.....528397HUSP | eBay

I sent you a PM.

Old 03-14-15, 10:59 AM
S
Thanks for the PM and the response. I ordered another board, installed it, and had no power to the LCD. I measured the resistance across the thermal fuse in the heater plate, and it was open.

I removed the heater plate, and sure enough, the fuse was burned. I soldered a microtemp thermal fuse 5A, 240V, 224C to the plate, then put everything back together.

Now I have power, but I get the F1 error code. The pans are bone dry. I measured an open on pins 9 and 10 on the control board connector, which go to the flood switch. The bottom drawer has about 1.1k ohm across the flood switch.

I looked at the repair manual, and it said chipped enamel on the heater plate is one possible cause of the F1 code. I may have chipped enamel removing the old burned fuse, but how would chipped enamel cause this code?

Should I just order a new plate and try that?

Thanks again for your help.

Old 03-14-15, 11:50 AM
Group Moderator
I'm not familiar enough with your washer to give you the answer you need. However, if it's a sensor that measures water.... it would normally be open and then show resistance when wet. I'm questioning the 1.1k ohm of resistance. That sounds like it could be wet.