Kenmore 80 Series Slow Agitation/No Spin

Old 03-18-15, 11:54 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 80 Series Slow Agitation/No Spin

Ok..about to pull my hair out!!
I have a Kenmore 80 Series Washer. I noticed the other day that the clothes were a little wetter than normal. After investigating, I noticed that the agitator was only barely turning. I did some research and replaced the dogs (which were all broken and smooth)! This still did not fix the problem. After researching further with repair clinic, I was replaced the clutch and all associated parts. Unfortunately, it still did not fix the problem. One of the forums here told me to check the three prong motor components. Both of those and the rubber piece in-between are all fine. Nothing broken or cracked. The door switch works fine. It clicks every time the lid is closed. Help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-15, 12:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
You replaced the clutch did you also replace the top seal in the gearcase.? Look inside cabinet about 6 inches up if you see a streak of oil seal is leaking. Another thing for slow or no spin is something under basket.

Old 03-18-15, 02:47 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
where is the top seal?? is it the metal piece that sits on top of the Clutch?? if the top seal came with the Clutch Kit, then I replaced it. If not, then I used the same one. And what do you mean by something under the basket?? like something jamming it up and keeping it from turning?? would that affect the agitator spin as well??

Old 03-18-15, 05:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Top seal is the seal in top of gearcase. Shaft comes out gearcase through clutch into washer. If oil leaks out of seal it will go up shaft and get in clutch causing it to slip no seal does not come with clutch. Something under the basket will slow spin should not effect agitation.