Whirlpool Top Loading Washing Machine Drum Loose

Old 04-18-15, 09:44 PM
Exclamation Whirlpool Top Loading Washing Machine Drum Loose

Hi, Can Anyone help me to figure out what might be the Actual Problem. After a Heavy Load my Whirlpool Agitronic 6.5kg washing machine Model:- 321032 drum got loose. And, now it's moving very freely and I can moving it with my palms very easily and freely, in such a manner that it's touching all side walls of the machine.

Though there was no problem or noise when the heavy load was there in it & when the machine was running through it's washing & spinning cycles. But once the washing process got over the drum seemed super loose. And, at this point I got a feeling that something is wrong and the drum looked like it's out of alignment.

So, for Testing and confirming I switched the Machine ON and carried out the process with a small load. There was no problem in the washing phase but it started banging all corners of the machine once spinning cycle start and only after 3-4 bangs I switched it OFF to prevent further damage.

But, later when I tried to Spin it with EMPTY load the it spinned perfectly with no noise at all.

So according to me, the problems are drum is super loose & seems out of alignment, knocks only in spinning phase & only when there is a load in it otherwise it works perfectly without Load.

So, plz help me in figuring out what the problem might be...can it be fixed manually at home by an average person like me? Or The damage is large & will only need a Service Man to repair it. Plz guide me...Thanks, waiting for a Reply..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-15, 09:51 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums from India.

I'm not going to have access to service info for your machine but I would lean it back against the wall and using a flashlight.... look up and check for broken springs or a spring that may have become disconnected.

Old 04-18-15, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your lightning quick reply. My machine model has 4 suspension rods that keeps the drum intact. So, does it seems that the problem might only be of breaking or removal of any of these suspension rods? Though my washing machine is still under warranty, so should I go to the service provider for this or should fix it manually (if the problem is minor). For Reference :- From inside my machine looks like this model it has 4 suspension rods that holds the drum you view it here :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WZrM9pnR44

Old 04-18-15, 10:42 PM
Group Moderator
I would at least check and see what broke first. Depending on what broke and cost to replace it... I would probably go with the factory service/warranty.

Old 04-19-15, 03:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Model # incomplete or wrong, Will not come up. Need to know what machine we are talking about. There are a couple of machines with support rods. that is a GE washer in video and whirlpool are totally different. Basket and tub assy floats very freely. Basket should not be loose in tub. If under warranty call Whirlpool.