Samsung Dishwasher 4E error

Old 05-01-15, 10:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Samsung Dishwasher 4E error

Samsung dishwasher just started to have an 4E error code. Pulled the supply hose off and the inlet screen is perfectly clean, no desbris, looked factory new. Water pressure and supply are fine. While monkeying with it, I was testing and it gave me and oE error which is a water depth issue. I pulled the float and it was clean and moved freely. However, I have not been able to duplicate that error. I also took the opportunity to pull out the screen and guts inside and clean it up good. Ran after the above cleaning and checking and it fired up and began washing. Went through the whole cycle and near the end of the cycle, beeped a few times and flashed the 4E code again (I was in the other room and heard beeps).

Question - is there memory on the error codes that I need to shut the breaker wait a minute and turn it back on? or Is it more likely that I need a new water inlet valve?

It is not leaking water in, switch sound like it is opening and closing, at least while I was standing there for the start of the test.

As always, thanks for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-15, 05:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
As far as I know... that code signifies not enough water which is either a fill valve problem, a water supply problem or a problem with the flow meter assembly. If the code came up again then the problem is still occurring.

There is a remote possibility that you could have a corroded wire in the harness in the door.

Do you have your water line connected to a soldered on type valve as opposed to a self piercing valve ?

What's the model number for your machine ?

Old 05-01-15, 05:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Water line is hard copper compression at the shut off valve, snakes through the cabinets to a compression fitting that transitions into a flex braided steel supply line to the inlet valve. Supply is good.

I would have to do research to find make and model as there is no stamp of any kind on the unit itself. I will have to locate the actual paperwork from when I bought it.

Where is the harness in the door that could have a fouled wire?

Old 05-01-15, 05:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
There should be screws that hold the inner door skin to the outer panel. The harness runs up thru the door to the timer and down the hinge point to below.

There should be a visible ID plate when the door is open.

Old 05-06-15, 03:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Just an update to anyone following down the road. The model number was DMT800RHW. I replaced the water inlet valve (part number DD62-00084A) and all seems to be back in business. However, what a PITA to change out. You would think that you could simply unscrew and switch out the old for the new. Well, I had to partially disassemble the valves to get them into the space and then put it back together. Just reinforces that some of the designers of items have never had to install them. So it was apparent that the inlet valve was placed before the carcass was put together.