Kenmore ice maker not making ice

Old 05-07-15, 10:58 AM
Kenmore ice maker not making ice

I have a 6 year old Kenmore side by side fridge/freezer. The freezer stopped making ice. I have tested all test points on ice maker for continuity and power with positive results. I cannot however get a ice harvest by jumpering the recommended points. I have not tested the water inlet valve for continuity yet. I am getting water through the door just to water to ice maker.

I noticed about a week ago that when the ice maker went though the water supply cycle it would stop and sputter and leak water inside the freezer which would of course turn to ice.

When I removed the ice maker there was ice in the mold but also in the plastic tray underneath. Assume this was overflow from supply/filling cycle. When I replaced the ice maker the supply/filling cycle would not start.

Have I overlooked anything?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-15, 01:57 PM
Group Moderator
If you had frozen water (ice) in the tray it should be harvesting. If you can't start a manual harvest then that would signify a defective timer.

Post the model number for the fridge. (The model # tells me who built the fridge for Sears)
I'd be prepared to buy a new ice maker but will look at the old one first.

Old 05-08-15, 11:41 AM
Thanks PJmax. Model # is 106-44433603. the ice maker has #W10122502.