replace Jenn Air downdraft: easy, right?

Old 06-05-15, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
replace Jenn Air downdraft: easy, right?

I bought a summer house last year and it came with an old, ratty Jenn Air slide-in range with oven and broiler not working.

Name:  JennAir.jpg
Views: 3170
Size:  35.1 KB

I replaced the burner modules with more modern glass ones and decided not to "throw parts" at the oven issue, as the eBay seller I bought the burners from, a Jenn Air enthusiast, cautioned " it might be touch pad, or the ribbon, or any one of the other elements connected to the relay board," maybe $200+ in non-returnable electronic parts. Who needs an oven in a summer house anyway, right?

Now I see a newer Jenn Air for sale online (a 1998 model that seems MUCH newer than mine) for $150:

Name:  1998 Jenn Air.jpg
Views: 2720
Size:  21.2 KB

Contemplating swapping out the stoves and putting my glass burners on this "new" one. Other than the lifting, this "like for like" swap should be a piece of cake, no?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-15, 06:12 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Is the newer model another ebay or craigslist deal? Will you have a chance to test it in it's current condition? I usually don't work on appliances but those "piece of cake" jobs don't always turn out that way.

Old 06-05-15, 07:07 AM
it's craigslist, from a used and surplus building materials "Reuse Center" that says "oven and broiler got hot when we tested it in our store!" 7 day return policy....

Old 06-05-15, 05:02 PM
Temporarily Suspended
I guess that you have to go there to get it so bring the parts that you want to install with you. Make a decision when you arrive.